Monday, July 14, 2008

On a happier note...

I WENT SHOPPING TODAY!!!

I=the best sister ever... Seriously

I think Cameron scored BUT Mariel's present will be used the most. I definitely hit Carly's style and of course Maria got something identical to Carly's...

Jake and Nana got two things that were one of a kind, and everyone else wanted them as well (of course I ran to them first!!)

Mammy and my mom got the most practical and useful gifts...

Dad... I bought you a knife-not really sure why, but it's cool and has a fur covering.. it was only a dollar...

SOO no idea how I am going to get all this stuff back because size does not scare me, and I went for the coolest things in the place!!!

Don't worry lots more presents, I just don't want to say your name and ruin the surprise if you didn't expect to get some Africana stuff!!

Love,
Jessica

PS. I got 3 marriage proposals (impressive right?)... I will explain later, but yea now I tell everyone about my imaginary boyfriend in the States... His name is "Ben." (after Affleck...duh) Unfortunately, my new boyfriend story does not deter these men from proposing... Sadly I was assured that it was not my beautiful make-up less face or the cool break off pants I wear or my great use of the 6 Rwandan words... no the proposals are because they want to use me to come to the USA..

flattering to get proposed to? I guess not...

I'll keep you updated-maybe I will get bored and accept one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW 3 proposals...... Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

i miss u soo much.... trying and trying to get that car
so small piggy banks such big cars i never seem to have enough its sooo annoying mom is like what do u want to get jess 4 her bday and im like a car!!! (duh!)
but no there like how bought this insted!!!!!!!! swimming going well heard i scored high on my present well dont worry when u get back u will have 1 too (if i can get a bigger piggy bank) i wish u where home cause i am sooooooo boredcause everybody is on vacations and im just at home doing NOTHING and we have to wait 4 u to come back to go on vacation SO COME HOME FAST did u know that kris keith is teaching jake (our cousin) how to play on guitar hes going to be famous again i miss u soooooooo ect. much i wish u were home GTG
love u more than anything in the world,
mar mar (fav sister duh!)

p.s. your mine!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

OK...I didn't see my name on the gift list. It's me...Aunt Ann....the one who lets you borrow cool stuff. Have been busy shopping for your birthday...no pressure.

We all definitely miss you but we're so psyched about your trip and love your blog. Maria was digging seeing her name on your blog.

She swims in the JO's this weekend. Big weekend....9 events...and she should do well. She works so hard...lots of good swimmers though! Mariel did great with Julia last weekend. We had fun co-parenting. Each of us took a day. Maria said 'wow, Uncle Gary always listens to music. He's so cool."
Jake loves guitar with Chris Keith....apparently a great guy. He's only done it once, then Chris went on vacation...and we leave next week to see Connie in Spain.
Hope you do get to come home a little early. So much has changed in Charlotte. Kidding.
We love you...be good. Aunt Ann
Size 6 clothing, Size 8 shoes, Size 5 rings

Unknown said...

Jessica, I said I was only going to write on one blog at a time (Maddie's) but then I started reading yours and have to tell you how much I cried and laughed and missed you. I'm so sorry about the little girl who was crippled - I was so proud of you sitting with her and showing her true Christian love. She will carry that with her for the rest of her life. Who knows what effect it may have on her. Please, let's get together when you get to Duke. You guys email or call me - 919-387-1500 -home or 919-271-1634!!!
Have a great last week. Dont' scare the gorillas!!!
Blessings,
Beth

nana said...

Jessica, Now I'm perplexed. Ann said she can't figure out her gift. How about me? You selected my gift and Jake's ---He's 9---a delightful crazy BOY and we have the same gift? Your mom and mammy have the practical gift. Honest----I'm practical too! Come to think of it----Jake may be crazy BUT he's smart and soo much fun----I can't wait to get my gift. Is this too much pressure? If Carly makes headbands with her gift, I may want one. After all, a sixty something in Winter Park with a cool headband might start a rage. Forget the gorillas in Rwanda----the headbands from Carly may set the new craze!!!!! Only teasing---but don't forget Julia, oops I think you did mention her already. Seriously, have a wonderful rest of the week with all your dear friends in Rwanda---I hope you've taken lots of pictures.
I love you---Karl does too!
Nana mary and Karl p.s. Maddie must come to visit too can't wait to see Mary Katherine XXXoooo