Saturday, May 10, 2008

Deported.

It is 23:24 here in London which is about 11:24pm in America. It's not that late, but I am exhausted. I was basically traveling (on airplanes or in airports) for 30 hours... rough

I guess I was supposed to get a Student-Working Visa, which of course I did not get... THEREFORE I am an illegal immigrant in London right now... they took away my passport, and if I do not show up for my flight back to New York tomorrow night I will be arrested! HARD CORE
**I wish I could elaborate more, but i'm really looking forward to sleeping right now

Once I get my Visa in NY, I will get right back on another 8 hour plane and get back to London

Today was beautiful here.  Everyone was wearing adorable, cutting-edge fashion sun-dresses in surprisingly bright colors (I told you they don't always wear black mom).  I took a nap and then we went out to a nice dinner.  We didn't go to an English restaurant (we went to a Spanish one) so the food was amazing (especially after 30 hours of food-court, plane, and prison food).  We shared a bottle of wine with our assistant and advisor, Erika (great accent)... This adorable lady who is from South Africa.  She is so sweet and invited me to join her and her friends in Salsa lessons in down town London next Monday-obvi. SO excited

I HAVE TO GET TO BED... I'm crashing.  Looking forward to a morning run around the financial district... We will take a bus tour of the city, go drop our bags off at our apartment (so we don't have to drag them back to US), out to a fun lunch, and then back to NY!

Miss Everyone.  It's only the first day, and I am already thinking about how hard it will be to miss summer-time in Charlotte.  Great memories from last summer.  

Love,
Jessica

No comments: